- 新生撤退 Opportunities
- Sophomore Solidarity Retreat
- Senior Capstone Retreat
- Retreat Leader Application Forms
Two incredible retreat experiences are offered to Freshman.
1. Freshman Orientation with Link Crew
The first is with LINK Crew. In late August, the new students of Kennedy Catholic participate in a special welcome day. The upperclassmen help new students get to know 彼此 and learn the traditions and customs of Kennedy Catholic High School, and experience the "family atmosphere" of which we are so proud. Throughout the year, Freshmen can expect to do monthly 活动 with their LINK Crew leaders.
新生撤退 is all about building 社区 among the Freshman class and allowing students to feel more connected to God, 彼此, 和自己. 新生撤退 occurs in February and is rooted in Kennedy Catholic High School’s mission to “Graduate Leaders Following Christ in a school 社区 that is accessible, 多样化的, and committed to pursuing the fullest potential of every student.” Because we feel strongly that this Freshmen Retreat touches on our mission to build students’ relationships with Jesus Christ through prayer, 社区, 形成, 和服务, all freshmen students (of all faiths) are 要求 to participate in the 新生撤退. This unique 社区 event involves every single faculty and staff member, over 60 student leaders, and the entire Freshman class. It is one of the best things we do! 联系 Ms. Cacabelos 更多信息.
Service | "Pack the Bus!"
Let's pack the bus and stand in solidarity with our 社区!
- In support of our partner service agency, we invite students to help "pack the bus" with donations for Catholic Community Services of Western Washington's Thea Bowman Apartments.
- frying and sauce pans
校园部 hosts three SEARCH retreats each year: late October, 12月中旬, and mid-March; Thursday through Saturday. These retreats are open to all Juniors and Seniors. SEARCH is THE Kennedy Catholic Experience. It is an exploration of self, 社区, and faith. It is a retreat and so much more. Over 95% of our graduates attend this retreat, with many returning on later SEARCH retreats as leaders. SEARCH has impacted thousands of students in it’s 40+ years (that’s 120+ 搜索撤退!) and continues to positively impact the spiritual lives of our students.
位置: Lakeview Christian Camp and Conference Center
This popular 12-hour retreat is held at the University of Washington's Newman Center. 学生 are led through a day long reflection on their life thus far and look to the future of where they are headed in terms of their faith, 社区, 和价值观. Multiple faculty members help coordinate this retreat. Both 校园部 and the Senior Class Officers help create the theme and 活动 for this memorable retreat. 联系 our Director of 校园部, 珍妮法雷尔, 更多信息.
Senior Capstone Retreat: this retreat is for students who desire a personal retreat as they anticipate transitioning from high school to college. This retreat will offer time for personal and communal prayer around the topics of discernment and God's call to be women and men for others. 联系 校园部 更多信息.
Kennedy Catholic’s 校园部 has a comprehensive retreat program that strives to provide opportunities for our students to experience Christ through 社区, 为他人服务, 祈祷和反思, 个人成长. Peer retreat leadership is an aspect of all our retreats as we strive to graduate faithful leaders who follow Christ and feel called to help others become better disciples.
Leadership qualities that we seek:
- Well-rounded, inclusive, & 真实的
- Aware of imperfections, but strive to live a life of holiness
- Open to growth and willing to be challenged
- Willing to reflect and share with others
- Passionate about helping others grow individually, in 社区, and in faith
- Look at your family commitments, 学校课业负担, 体育, 活动, and schedule before discerning which retreat you feel called to.
- Please note that you will be missing a day of school as a leader for any of our retreats in the fall.
- You must maintain a 2.5 GPA and be in good standing with the Campus Life Office.